FAQ about EARTHQUAKE RELIEF FUND
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. Turkish Philanthropy Funds is a tax-exempt organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and your gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent provided by law.
Tax ID 20-8392006.
Is TPF credited by charity evaluators?
Turkish Philanthropy Funds has high ratings from leading charity evaluators.
- 4-star rating from Charity Navigator
- Top rating from Better Business Bureau
- Platinum Transparency Rating from Candid/Guidestar
- Top-Rated Charity on Greatnonprofits
Where will the funds from the earthquake fund go?
- We have a competitive grant-making process. Only organizations that are vetted by TPF in advance can submit applications here.
- We commit to transparent reporting and update donors on how we’ve used donations to this fund.
- Your contributions will go to TPF-vetted NGOs such as AKUT Vakfi, Ahbap, ACEV, TOG, İhtiyaç Haritası, and TEGV that are directly involved in all the affected cities to help victims recover from the devastating effects of the earthquake and rebuilding efforts.
- Follow updates on grants made here: https://www.tpfund.org/2023/02/06/turkiye-earthquake-relief-fund-response/
Can I give from my Donor-Advised Fund at another institution?
Yes, you can. Please enter Turkish Philanthropy Funds as the recipient and add “Turkiye earthquake relief note” on purpose/additional notes.